CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!
This summer Faces In Focus are embarking on another exciting venture, and this year our theme is EARTH.
FIF would love all photographers – professional or not – to join us by submitting your work (instructions below).
Our aim is to focus on the harmonious relationship between humankind and the earth we live on, highlighting the magnificence of our natural planet in protest against the way it is often treated. We want to reveal all there is to fight for and need you to help us.
Entries will be judged by a panel of photographers and environmental activists. Finalists will have their work exhibited at our September show in collaboration with sustainability platform Blue Dot Generation with their prints sold in a limited edition.
1. Sign up/login to creativehub: https://hub.theprintspace.co.uk/UserAccount/Register
2. Upload your image for submission (Each image must be in a .png, .tiff or .jpg format, at 300dpi and no more than 50mb)
3. After uploading your files, navigate to the ‘Images’ tab, select your images (by clicking them) and click ‘Share’ at the bottom of the page.
4. Enter our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Complete “Project name” with your name and surname.
6. Check the “Download” & “Print” checkboxes in the “Additional Permissions” section. (This is for the judging process and printing of the final exhibition.)
7. Click “Share Now”.
All submissions should reach us by midnight (GMT) on 12th August 2018.
Please note: All submissions will be seen by a panel of industry judges, who will select the final photographs for the show. All photographs will be exhibited and sold online at www.facesinfocus.org, sold in aid of a charitable organisation, the photographer, and FIF.
Blue Dot Generation
Blue Dot Generation is a sustainability platform that promotes the use of the arts for education. By engaging local communities through exhibitions and workshops, music, documentaries, and conferences we aim to transform the relationship between people and the planet.
BDG brings together the creatives, scientists and entrepreneurs who are creating solutions to the problems the planet faces. Creativity is equally essential to science as it is to art. Artists and scientists have an appreciation for the beauty of the world and a shared interest in creating change.
By highlighting the beauty of the ocean we aim to educate both green and non-green audiences and to show people that this is not just an environmental issue, but a global one. BDG are excited to be collaborating with Faces In Focus in an exhibition that aims to highlight the importance of the ocean and earth working in harmony.
The oceans can easily exist without humans. If we became extinct, they wouldn’t even notice we’re gone. We, however, cannot exist without the ocean. They are a life support system, our lungs, climate regulator and a crucial part to our existence.